new background

So I started a blog. I'm a planner. I like to organize and prioritize. Sounds kind of weird for a gardener, but hey, its who I am. I like dirt. I like starting things from seeds and help them become the greatness that is veggie! I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months preparing for my garden adventure. I read. I read seed catalogs, old books of my mother's, other gardeners' blogs, random websites about gardening basics, and magazines. With that said, I will forever be a beginner gardener/farmer. So, again, I started a blog. I'm going to share my gardening ups and downs, what worked for me and, of course, my epic failures. I love to share tricks and knowledge and experiences with people that I've learned over time. So please, read my blog and come over to my garden, and mostly, enjoy!



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

They're here...

Today, after dropping off my little munchkin with her Mimi, I drove to the Post Office to pick up, quite possibly, the most precious things I have ever seen. The box could be heard as soon as I walked in the door. "Hi! My name is Adrienne Wilson. I'm here to pick up the peeping package." The guy still looked at me like I walked in with 3 heads. Apparently they don't get too much chicken traffic in el ghetto post office. Anyhoo. I got them home and into the brooder. Watched them run around, run into the side of the box, run into each other, hop, stretch, eat, drink, and literally fall over because they fell asleep standing up. I've spent a couple hours today just watching them. They are amazing and entertaining. I can't wait to see their adult feathers because they have beautiful markings even as chicks. The two solid yellows are the Buff Orpingtons, the white with grey specks is the Delware (currently named Ziggy-138, an offspring of Danzig), the black with white stripes is the Silver-Laced Wyandotte, the two with the tan sides and brown backs are the Easter Eggers, and the last little brown chick is the Partridge Plymouth Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment