new background

So I started a blog. I'm a planner. I like to organize and prioritize. Sounds kind of weird for a gardener, but hey, its who I am. I like dirt. I like starting things from seeds and help them become the greatness that is veggie! I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months preparing for my garden adventure. I read. I read seed catalogs, old books of my mother's, other gardeners' blogs, random websites about gardening basics, and magazines. With that said, I will forever be a beginner gardener/farmer. So, again, I started a blog. I'm going to share my gardening ups and downs, what worked for me and, of course, my epic failures. I love to share tricks and knowledge and experiences with people that I've learned over time. So please, read my blog and come over to my garden, and mostly, enjoy!



Friday, May 28, 2010

Horses...






Today I heard my heartbeat for the first time. It galloped. Horses have always amazed me. Although I've had very few close-up encounters, their grace and peacefulness pour through me whenever I do get the chance to be near them. Sophia and I got the chance today. She is a "no fear" child and has no problem walking up to and taking on the challenge that is a giant horse.(compared to her) A recent addition, Ms Hadley, to our family has extended our happy little circle to include a few more wonderful people who have three of their own horses. They were generous enough to let us come out to see them. We were smitten. Sophia couldn't wait to ride one. It was amusing to see how calm she was when riding. She looked like she was in a daze. Jenna, Hadley's other new auntie, rode for awhile with Sophia and then let Sophia ride by herself for a bit. Then, they even let me take a ride. I was definitely not dressed for horseback riding, but honestly, I didn't care. I haven't been on a horse for about 15 years and couldn't wait to try it again. I was nervous. It was still great. Jenna showed us some tricks while riding and then took him for a run. The sound of his hooves hitting the ground...I could feel it...it felt like my heart beating. It was amazing. It choked me up. For the rest of the day, this is all I have thought about. It was all that Sophia talked about until she fell asleep on the couch! I am very thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment