new background

So I started a blog. I'm a planner. I like to organize and prioritize. Sounds kind of weird for a gardener, but hey, its who I am. I like dirt. I like starting things from seeds and help them become the greatness that is veggie! I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months preparing for my garden adventure. I read. I read seed catalogs, old books of my mother's, other gardeners' blogs, random websites about gardening basics, and magazines. With that said, I will forever be a beginner gardener/farmer. So, again, I started a blog. I'm going to share my gardening ups and downs, what worked for me and, of course, my epic failures. I love to share tricks and knowledge and experiences with people that I've learned over time. So please, read my blog and come over to my garden, and mostly, enjoy!



Sunday, April 7, 2013

It Takes a Village...

...nope. It just takes a day like today to renew my inner-gardener. Of course, there was rain. But, for once, when I walked outside, I didn't feel the dreary cold in my bones. I don't do so well in weather below 40* unless I'm in front of a fire with hot chocolate with a blanket with a sweater and with a hubby (in a sweater) keeping me warm. Sometimes I think I'm a reptile. Could be. Suits my personality. Anyhoo. Grander business to attend.

Its Spring.
Spring has sprung.
April showers....yada yada yada

K. I'm done. I have no raised beds. Yet. I finally made out my garden plans. Hubby will be buying the wood tomorrow. Hopefully, by the time I come home from work, he will have rectified my "no beds" issue with at least one or two built by then. I love gardening for food, but more so, I just love the look of tidy beds overflowing with green and speckles of color from the hanging fruits of my labor. Sophia is hellbent on growing carrots so that she can hand-feed a wild rabbit. With the wildlife that is in my backyard, this is an attainable goal that I hope she does not attain. And the squirrels. Flippin' everywhere. (insert: at this very moment there is a large brown bunny hopping through some clusters of daffodils and my dog, a hound dog no less, is sitting there like a knot on a pickle)

My garden will not elaborate. Consisting of just a few 4x8 beds in a sunny location with a few garden staples my plan is nothing but necessities, which is all that I can handle on my plate this year. Just like my first house, I will start small and grow exponentially year after year. This year 3. Next year 42. Just kidding. Maybe. But, don't forget that I mentioned chickens again.

The future garden location

No comments:

Post a Comment