new background

So I started a blog. I'm a planner. I like to organize and prioritize. Sounds kind of weird for a gardener, but hey, its who I am. I like dirt. I like starting things from seeds and help them become the greatness that is veggie! I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months preparing for my garden adventure. I read. I read seed catalogs, old books of my mother's, other gardeners' blogs, random websites about gardening basics, and magazines. With that said, I will forever be a beginner gardener/farmer. So, again, I started a blog. I'm going to share my gardening ups and downs, what worked for me and, of course, my epic failures. I love to share tricks and knowledge and experiences with people that I've learned over time. So please, read my blog and come over to my garden, and mostly, enjoy!



Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A list of hopefuls

Sooooo, day one was almost a complete fail. I tried really hard to stay on the "schedule" that I made up, but it seems that once you get off track, its very hard to get back on. The hour that I gave myself to strip down the living room and clean, ungraciously fed on my planned crafting hour that followed. Sophia's 15 planned minutes of schoolwork was an unholy disaster that led to tears and frustration in a matter of seconds. Apparently if its not coming out of Elmo's mouth, she doesn't want to learn it. Dinner happened at 8 instead of 7. Bed didn't happen until 11:30 on a plan of 9:30. All in all, I was productive and I'm trying not to lose faith in lists and schedules, but yesterday didn't help that.

Just so I feel like I did something:
Living room
-Took everything out of every drawer and off of every shelf, cleaned and reorganized and DOWNSIZED most importantly
-Cleaned the windows and door
-Rotated Sophia's toys and downsized
-Took couch apart, washed cushion covers, took cushions outside and lightly sprayed with bleach/water. Yeah I said bleach, its called nesting, get over it.
-Vacuumed under cushions and floor
-Washed curtains
-Got Hubby to pack up his manhood--ie Super NES, wrestling DVDs, and numerous PS2 games that haven't been touched since we moved in. I know this to be fact because I carbon-dated the dust crust on them. :-P And, don't flip out, I want him to get a mancave going so he can keep all of his junk in a place that does not affect the space I need to stay organized. I would never force the boy to part with his toys. Jeez. I'm not a monster.

Others
-Laundry completely done...for about 5 minutes
-Dishes completely done...for about 2 minutes
-3 batches of frozen pesto
-1 frozen dinner
-1 dinner for us PLUS the chicken I need for 3 other dinners
-pulled up carrots, basil, and a few tomatoes from the garden
-conditioned chickens that if they step into my garden they WILL get sprayed with the hose
-Made dark chocolate hazelnut ice cream

Today, I adjusted the list and times for things. Hopefully this will help me stay on schedule. Now, lets get this party started.

"51" days until BABY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment