new background

So I started a blog. I'm a planner. I like to organize and prioritize. Sounds kind of weird for a gardener, but hey, its who I am. I like dirt. I like starting things from seeds and help them become the greatness that is veggie! I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months preparing for my garden adventure. I read. I read seed catalogs, old books of my mother's, other gardeners' blogs, random websites about gardening basics, and magazines. With that said, I will forever be a beginner gardener/farmer. So, again, I started a blog. I'm going to share my gardening ups and downs, what worked for me and, of course, my epic failures. I love to share tricks and knowledge and experiences with people that I've learned over time. So please, read my blog and come over to my garden, and mostly, enjoy!



Friday, March 26, 2010

The sun is in my eyes!!!

I can't help it. I'm a morning person. I love morning sunshine. I love rainy mornings. I love foggy mornings. I love them all. I'm sitting here at the computer today with good coffee and the sun coming in through the blinds. Its so bright. I swear I can smell it. Early mornings give you an entire day of possibilities. To-do lists are born. (I say that like its a new calf on a farm) The only thing I like better than sitting here with the sun on my face is sitting in my veggie garden pulling weeds with the sun in my face and its not quite warm enough for that yet. I feel like I'm too young to really know how to slow down my life and enjoy it and to truly understand what happiness is, but I feel like I do. Knowing that Sophia is snuggled on the couch with her piggies and milk watching her favorite cartoon, Hubby is home from work and sleeping upstairs, and I'm here with my coffee...my heart is doing back flips. It seems like my family is always caught up in what someone else in our family is doing or saying. They think I'm stuck up because I don't come around much or partake in the *bashing* that goes on. Truth is, I just don't care and if they spent as much time looking at their own lives and understanding what would make them happy, they wouldn't have to put other people down just to make their lives look better. It makes me sad because they don't understand that.

Well, that was NOT garden talk. Moving on! All of my trays have sprouted and are doing well. I'm about to start a few more trays. I worked out in the garden this past week for awhile when it was warm. (ice on the front porch...ironically NOT cool!) Pulled weeds. Planned where stuff was going to go. Made top secret plans to infiltrate the side yard with a small pumpkin patch. (Hubby said don't touch that yard) Now that I've tackled a few sewing projects and I'm feeling slightly more confident that my sewing machine doesn't want me dead, I think I'm going to make me a few skirts for working out in the garden. I think they will look smashing with my blue boots from last year. I want the neighbors to think I'm totally bonkers...to see the real me! :-P Its the closest thing to a farm for now and I'm running with it. They just better be thankful that hoofed animals are illegal within city limits otherwise Linus, my fictional goat kid, would be struttin his stuff back there! I'm very reserved for my imagination. I'm just sayin!

No comments:

Post a Comment