new background

So I started a blog. I'm a planner. I like to organize and prioritize. Sounds kind of weird for a gardener, but hey, its who I am. I like dirt. I like starting things from seeds and help them become the greatness that is veggie! I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months preparing for my garden adventure. I read. I read seed catalogs, old books of my mother's, other gardeners' blogs, random websites about gardening basics, and magazines. With that said, I will forever be a beginner gardener/farmer. So, again, I started a blog. I'm going to share my gardening ups and downs, what worked for me and, of course, my epic failures. I love to share tricks and knowledge and experiences with people that I've learned over time. So please, read my blog and come over to my garden, and mostly, enjoy!



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A routine for happiness

I love my morning routine now. Get up. Stretch. Walk outside to check on the chickies and the garden. Water the plants. Come in, make breakfast, read blogs that I follow, then get ready for work. The chickies are so frisky in the morning. Especially today. Its a lot cooler than its been in the past few weeks and the sun is shining. I've got tons of tiny cukes growing on their vines just waiting to be turned into pickles for Hubby. The broccoli has heads on them about the size of softballs on some. Thats really cool because of my disasterous attempt to grow broccoli last year. The bean tower is completely covered in beany vines. The black beans have pods on them already. Tomatoes are sprouting out everywhere. After my canning class this past weekend, I'm feeling more and more confident that I will be eating my own tomatoes well into winter. These are all baby steps towards happiness. My focus narrows with everyday. Its getting easier to "bloom where you're planted" and just be happy where I am right now. Making this house, this little family, and everything that surrounds it into everything that I've ever wanted and more. I want to create and to be self-sufficient. (stay tuned for an upcoming test of self-sufficiency will power) I want a farm-like setting in the city. Its becoming that. Hubby is more and more supportive everyday. Sometimes he almost sounds interested! I'm getting involved and putting myself out there so that others can see how great it feels to do things for themselves. It feels good to quietly think to myself "What a good life I have."

No comments:

Post a Comment