new background

So I started a blog. I'm a planner. I like to organize and prioritize. Sounds kind of weird for a gardener, but hey, its who I am. I like dirt. I like starting things from seeds and help them become the greatness that is veggie! I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months preparing for my garden adventure. I read. I read seed catalogs, old books of my mother's, other gardeners' blogs, random websites about gardening basics, and magazines. With that said, I will forever be a beginner gardener/farmer. So, again, I started a blog. I'm going to share my gardening ups and downs, what worked for me and, of course, my epic failures. I love to share tricks and knowledge and experiences with people that I've learned over time. So please, read my blog and come over to my garden, and mostly, enjoy!



Saturday, April 18, 2009

2009 Seed List


(seedlings catching some rays)


Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by the 200 seeds that come in a pack? I mean, I feel very wasteful when it comes to starting from seed. This year I'm trying to find friends to donate baby plants to like they are free kittens! I figure everyone could use a pepper plant, a tomato plant, and maybe some onions! Anyhoo! Here is my list of wishful thinking for this year. And, since I can't stop buying seed packets, I'm sure there will be many revisions of this post.

(s)=saved from 2008 harvest

Veggies
-Zucchini
-Watermelon
-Spaghetti Squash
-Little Gem Bibb Lettuce
-Sweet Yellow Corn (s)
-Chocolate Bell Peppers (s)
-Banana Peppers (s)
-Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkins
-California Wonder Green Bell Peppers (s)
-Mini White Pumpkins (s)
-Calypso Beans (farmers market donation)
-Jelly Bean Tomatoes (cherry)
-Mesclun Salad Mix
-White onions
-Leaf Lettuce Mix
-Black Beauty Eggplant
-Better Boy Tomatoes
-KY Wonder Green Beans (pole)
-Yellow Onions (sets)
-Russet Potato (seed potato)
-Yukon Gold Potato (seed potato)
-Roma Tomatoes
-Poblano Peppers
-Lumina White Pumpkins
-Red Onion (sets)
- Tendergreen Beans (bush)

Herbs
-Parsley-Flat Leaf Italian
-Italian Basil
-Rosemary
-Sage
-Spearmint
-Garlic Chives
-Thyme
-Dill

Flowers
-Zinnias: White, Envy (green), Scarlet Queen, Giants Mix
-Nigellas Hot Fudge Sundae
-Sweet Peas Little Sweetheart Mix
-Cornflower Blue Boy
-Nasturium
-Alyssum Mulberry Mix
-Bachelor's Button
-Delphinium Pacific Mix
-Foxglove Excelsior
-Sunflowers: Apricot, Double Dandy, Girasol, Mammoth (s)
-Butterfly Mix
-Rannunculus (tubers)
-Dahlias Dinnerplate Mix (tubers)
-English Daisy
How adorable is this packet!

No comments:

Post a Comment